Duties Digital Sourcing Advisors are expected to:
- Undertake a diverse range of activities in the implementation of new or updated ICT WoAG arrangements, in accordance with the strategic objectives of the Division and boarder Agency priorities.
- Contribute to the development and management of governance arrangements for WoAG sourcing processes, including the development of, and operation of new and updated arrangements.
- Assist in the development of project implementation and related activities.
- Collaborate, consult and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders within the DTA, and across the public and private sectors.
- Undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence.
- Provide timely and expert procurement and contract management advice to stakeholders.
- Assist in contract negotiations and management as necessary.
Contract Management and/or Sourcing qualifications are desired, but not essential. This position is subject to the following eligibility requirements:
- Australian citizenship
- Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant must have or be willing and eligible to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at this level.
The responsibilities and complexity of tasks will vary depending on the individual position and classification. For further information, please refer to the Work Level Standards on the APSC website. RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: . About Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) At the Digital Transformation Agency, we help government improve digital services to make them simple, clear and fast. People are at the centre of everything we do. We're committed to making services work for everyone, everywhere, regardless of their abilities. To do this, we use clear language and research directly with our users. This way, we know we're on the right track. Our people are experts in their fields and enjoy challenging work. We work together to share knowledge and build our capability to improve user experiences. This helps us work smarter and more effectively. Our culture is inclusive and supportive. We have offices in Canberra and Sydney, and regularly connect with teams in other cities. Our people are confident, capable and committed. We nurture curiosity and encourage our people to keep learning. We have flexible work arrangements and a supportive environment. We help our people balance their whole life and be the best version of themselves.