GUARDIAN CHILDCARE & EDUCATION
Apply nowJob no:501339
Work type:Part-time Permanent
Location:George Street (Sydney CBD)
Childcare Traineeship | George Street
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. The magic, the wonder, the endless possibilities and the sense of adventure. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work.
Located in the heart of bustling George Street sits our wonderful 85-place centre. The light-filled centre is also accessible via Town Hall station, so commuting team members can step off the train and walk directly into the centre without leaving the building. The centre has resource-rich environments, including city views, a range of age-specific ateliers and a comfortable staffroom. George Street ELC, has strong ties with our surrounding Guardian CBD centres, so our Educators can enjoy being part of a wider community.
As a part of our Trainee program you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services.
The Centre Manager, your Educator team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support, you will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the days activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications (in any field)
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- Fully paid Traineeship program, plus earn an hourly rate whilst you learn on the job
- Career advancement opportunities once your Traineeship is complete, including permanent Educator positions
- Access to great professional development including our Guardian Diploma program
- Recognition program; rewarding outstanding performances individuals and teams as well as compelling incentives for key achievements.
- The Annual Educator awards night.
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000.
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children.
- Flexibility and support with a range of full-time, and part-time opportunities, we can work with you to balance both the team’s members and family’s needs.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: