Diverse purchasing role with varied focus, work directly with engineers, clients and suppliers
Your new company
This Adelaide company has a long-established presence and supplies into many industries and sectors, including mining, energy and food. This company can offer you the benefits associated with working in a medium sized family business, allowing a tight-knit supportive culture and strong reputation in SA. They are seeking somebody with purchasing and supplier management experience, with an industry background in technical manufacturing or engineering.
Your new role
This is a varied, multidisciplinary role beyond a standard purchasing position, and will involve the following:
- Manage the timely sourcing, purchasing, and forecasting of raw and finished products and services to achieve budget and quality targets
- Identify and maintain key relationships with local and international suppliers
- Monitoring of contracts and pricing with suppliers, optimising existing relationships to better improve value and meet SLAs
- Provide assistance to the structural engineering team and clients on technical and engineering matters
- Preparation and review of engineering documentation and CAD drafting
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a purchasing, procurement or supply chain role
- A background in a manufacturing or engineering company where you have assisted engineers previously, or been involved in multiple facets of the business
- Experience working with CAD beneficial, or prior experience or qualifications in structural or mechanical engineering
- Adaptability to fit in to and work with a small team in a family business that values and rewards flexibility with a supportive culture
What you'll get in return
You’ll work in an established team with a history of promoting internally and rewarding its staff. You’ll be supported by a welcoming team that value work life balance and loyalty.
What you need to do now
If you have the appropriate experience and are interested in this opportunity, please apply to Rachel Homer via the link below or call on 8212 5242 for a confidential discussion.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: