Procurement Manager - Directs
MICHAEL PAGE INTERNATIONAL PTY LTD
Strategic Procurement role which will see you identify and implement a range of initiatives to drive commercial outcomes for the business.
Our client is an established industrial business with a global capability. A specialist in their field, they service clients across the world with a primary purpose of building long term strategic partnerships.
This role will lead the team looking after Direct Procurement and your responsibilities will include;
- Oversee the entire spend across the direct procurement portfolio
- Develop a sourcing strategy for the direct procurement spend
- Analyse the current contracted spend portfolio and implement a strategy to extract value out of the spend
- Negotiate a range of existing and new contracts across the group
- Lead sourcing and contract best practice across the business
- Oversee risk management and continuity assessments
- Analyse the pricing and product development of the raw materials and directs
- Lead a small team of transnational procurement officers
The successful candidate will be experienced procurement professional with a particular focus on directs. You will have exposure to directs such as steel, metal, valves, bearings and other complex industrial raw materials. Your ability to negotiate within a specialised field and within new and existing suppliers will be critical to the success of this role. Furthermore your ability to demonstrate the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives and extraction of value from a significant contract spend will be paramount.
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to drive strategic planning and initiatives
- Leadership level role
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ryan Lanzon on +61 8 9215 9526
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: