Trainee Civil Construction
Townsville City Council
South Townsville, QLD
Townsville CityCouncil is currently seeking applications for the 2021 Traineeshipintake!
- Certificate III in Civil Construction
- Duration: 3 years
- Approximately $705 per week + superannuation (wage may differ based on candidates’ qualifications, age and/or education level)
Weare seeking enthusiastic individuals to join ourteam!
The Civil Construction Trainee will assist inmaintaining Council’s roads and infrastructure assets to ahigh standard including repair, replacement and installation.Supporting in the delivery of section and team objectives throughcompleting a range of assigned maintenance and functionalactivities including Lines and Signs, Concreting and Drainage,Asphalt and other Civil Construction works.
To besuccessful in this role you must enjoy practical and manualactivities and have the ability to work for extended periodsoutdoors. You must be an effective team player, have goodcommunication skills, strong customer focus and ability to followinstructions precisely. Due to the physical nature of this role youmust be physically fit and in good health. A fit for work medicalassessment will form part of this process.
Youwill need: minimum of year 10 with passes in English andMaths
Why Choose Us
TownsvilleCity Council is the largest local government authority in NorthernAustralia.
We arecommitted to delivering quality services to facilitate sustainablegrowth, enhancing the enjoyment of our residents and unlocking thepotential of our city through inspired leadership, communityengagement and sound financial management.
Ourorganisation provides and maintains over $4.7b worth of communityinfrastructure including bridges, drainage, roads, communityfacilities, sporting venues and more. We look after the health andwellbeing of the community through public health initiatives andprovide recreational facilities, events and a wide range of SmartCity and environmentally sustainable activities. We also workto build, develop and enhance resilience in our community, workingto create a mentally and physically robust city.
We havereached many significant milestones as we continue on our journeytowards building a clean and green city for our current and futurecommunity members.
We know thatit takes more than construction to build our city; it takespeople.
TownsvilleCity Council is building for ourfuture.
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks Personal/Carers Leave
- 14 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Domestic and Family Violence Leave
- Natural Disaster Leave
- Long Service Leave available pro rata after seven years
- Up to *13.5% Superannuation employer contribution for contributing members
- Salary Sacrifice opportunities
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership to selected gym, pool, and yoga facilities
- Employee Loyalty Program offering discounts at selected local businesses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active Family Social Club
- Flexible working arrangements
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: